Updated: May 2, 2019
20 Questions to ask when booking a wedding venue
Aside from choosing the person to marry, one of the toughest choices to make in planning a wedding is choosing the perfect location. The location you choose sets the stage for your day and having a meeting with a venue for a tour can be a super exciting and intimidating step in your planning process. Here is Hello Jude’s 20 Questions: Venue Edition.
1. Is my date available?
2. What is the fee for the venue and how many hours does that include?
3. Do we have access to the venue for our Rehearsal? If so, how many hours?
4. Do the hours include catering set-up, decorating, and DJ set-up time?
5. Is a security deposit required?
6.What is the cancellation policy?
7. Are there reduced rates for off-season, or weekday weddings?
8. Is there a day-of coordinator available on-site? If so are they included in the package?
9. Is there an in-house caterer?
10. Does the package include chairs, tables and linens?
11. How many seats does your venue hold?
12. Where is the guest parking lot? Is there enough handicapped spots to accommodate your guests?
13. Can alcohol be served on the property?
14. Is there a fee for a bartender?
15. Are there additional charges for set-up and tear-down
16. Are the dance floor, sound equipment, and lighting included in the fee, or are they available to rent?
17. Are you required to pay for any additional event insurance?
18. How late can the DJ Play music? Are there sound restrictions?
19. Are there enough electrical outlets?
20. Do you have a preferred vendor list?
Are you in the planning process and visiting venues? Print this list to take along with you and jot down notes during your visit!