26 Lessons for my 26 years
Updated: Jun 17, 2019
It's my birthday! Contrary to what most people think, today I turn 26 (not 16)! 26 was my first full year as a mamma of two, second full year in business and a WFHM, and my fifth year married to the best guy in the world. I would say it was filled with milestones and lots of lessons along the way. Here are a few things I've learned this year (some practical, some funny, and some encouraging), and my goals for year my 27th year!
1. Everything is better when done with joy.
2. Heartfelt apologies are not only humbling, but also very powerful in restoring relationships.
3. It is okay to not be where everyone else is.
4. Rest is a necessary part of life and needs to happen regularly- even if it has to be scheduled.
5. I don't like Chipotle. (hate me if you wish but Moes will always win)
6. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.
7. My productivity is not measured by how clean my house is.
8. I cannot serve others in love if my love tank is empty.
9. Audible is amazing for long road trips and workouts.
10. Random "I'm thinking of you" texts are my love language.
11. Raising a toddler is the most sanctifying experience I have encountered so far.
12. The Trader Joes flower section is my second love language.
13. Quiet time doesn't always have to be done in silence.
14. Backup EVERYTHING- ALL electronics are unreliable.
15. Having a mama tribe is one of the best gifts a mother could have.
16. Watching my boys imagine and play together is one of my favorite things in the world.
17. There is nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong and asking to start over.
18. It is a lot easier to wake up when your alarm clock is on the other side of the room.
19. I do not have to raise my children the same way as everyone else.
20. Aldi's is the best place to grocery shop!
21. If you don't make a plan to pay off debt it will not happen.
22. You do not have to say yes to every opportunity- even if you want to help or could use the money.
23. Living far from family is very challenging, so make the most of the time you have with them.
24. Always bring quarters to the mall (a toddler meltdown is inevitable if they cannot ride at least one ride).
25. It is okay not to document and post everything.
26. Days exploring with my fellas will always be my favorite days.
Year 27 Goals
-Read more, scroll less
-Save more, spend less
-Laugh more, complain less
-Call more, text less
-Play more, tidy up less
-Invest in myself
-Believe in my abilities
-Trust in the Lord's provision
-Live with unexplainable joy