A year and a half ago I was really really good about blogging personal life. At the time, we had just welcomed our fourth child into the world and I took a 4 month break from social media, so I used the blog as my outlet to share what was going on in our lives and to share cute baby pics. Fast forward to now and I haven't done that great of a job doing recaps... until now! One of my goals for 2023 was to get back in the rhythm of doing one personal blog a month. Even if nobody reads it, it is a great practice for me to sit and remember all the good things that the month brought, as well as pose a challenge for me to be more diligent in documenting MY family! What happened in January!
- We started the year off with a bang with a weekend getaway/workcation/vision-casting trip to Greenville with my studio assistant Ellie and her sweet baby girl. Ellie has been on maternity leave since October so this was a great time for us to reconnect, pray, dream, and plan for this new year. Lots of yummy food was consumed, late nights were seen, and a lot of asking God for direction and favor for 2023.
- Nate took a missions trip to Mexico for 9 days after I returned, so we essentially spent the first two weeks of the year apart. Once he got back it was really great to be reunited and to get our footing back after Christmas break, kids being sick, and traveling. While he was gone, the kids and I spent time with friends, went on walks, and just tried to survive the cold!
- I started offering 1:1 coaching this year and so far have had the privilege of coaching 3 amazing ladies in their photography business this month! During one of the coaching sessions, we moved over to the studio for a hands on lesson in lighting and camera settings. During that session I snagged these cute photos of Millie, which are some of my new favorites.
- I helped lead the women of our church/community in a night of prayer and Nate had his annual missions conference the next week!
- We celebrated our sweet girl's third birthday!
Other things that happened that I didn't document behind the lens:
- I started a YOUTUBE channel! You can check it out here - Nate and I started watching the Chosen together- we got rid of all of our other tv subscription services the start of the month and then decided that we would watch that together in the evenings after the kids went to bed. - I'm working through the Contentment Challenge with Nancy Ray- you can learn more about that and join here - I started attending a parenting class with some other ladies at our church once a week
- I Photographed LOTS of new babies in the studio and wrapped up 2 Wonder Year babies!
Goals for February (some of these are actually goals for 2023 as a whole)
- Actually use my camera to take photos of the kids- I have gotten in a rut of not documenting our life together with my professional camera. I always love the challenge and creative outlet to use my camera photo-journalistically for our own family, but I've gotten out of the habit of doing it.
- Continue the contentment challenge
- Practice social media free weekends and evenings - Cook and eat 3 meals a day
- Sort and organize the kids' clothes and purge things that they have outgrown - Finally finish reading 'Habits of the Household' - Continue to blog 3x/week and create a new youtube video at least 2x/month
Thing's I'm looking forward to this month - We are taking the boys on a trip to Great Wolf Lodge with a non-profit organization that I work for - My sister is coming to visit for the first time in FIVE years - Winter break for the kids - Lots of babies in the studio and milestone sessions - Thinking of creative valentines ideas for the kids
Hello Jude Photography provides newborn photography in North Georgia for busy moms who want a stress-free and luxury portrait experience. Also offering maternity, family, and baby photography, our studio is located in the heart of Clarkesville, between Clayton and Gainesville. We serve families in Habersham, White, Stephens, Hall, Rabun, Banks, Jackson, Gwinnett, Forsyth, and Dekalb Counties, and all throughout the North Georgia region. We offer a high-end, full service experience including a pre-session consultation, exclusive access to the carefully curated Studio Wardrobe and cozy bright and airy studio space, a beautiful gallery of story-telling images, and an array of family heirlooms such as albums, prints, custom framing and more to pass down to your children. If you are searching for the perfect maternity, birth, newborn or family portrait photographer near Clarkesville and are wanting to create heirlooms for your family, we can’t wait to serve you.