I honestly believe that these 10 things would apply to every photographer, but I have compiled a list of my top 10 things I wish every client knew!
1. I love when you tag me in your photos on social media and tell your friends about your experience with me
You have no idea how much a simple tag can do for my business! By simply posting your photos and tagging my business page (or crediting me in the caption) you are giving every one of your friends the opportunity to see my work and know that it was mine!
2. I love when you allow me to get to know your family and your kids
This may not apply to EVERY photographer, but generally speaking photography is a very personal business. I love having the opportunity to connect with you and your little ones, learn about their hobbies, the things they love, and watching them as they grow! Building a connection brings even more excitement to session times and feels like catching up with old friends!
3. I love when you leave me a review after your session- and when you respond after I send you your final gallery
This is a HUGE win in my book. When clients take time out of their busy lives to leave a review for other potential clients to see it makes my heart swell. I love hearing about my client’s experiences and the impact my business and photos has made on their life. I love hearing stories from their perspective and then being able to lean into the positives and focus my attention to those areas!
4. I love when you invite me back to capture more milestones for your family
1000% YES! My heart skips a beat every time I see a familiar name in my inbox inquiring for an upcoming session. Knowing that you have invited me back to capture more memories and milestones is extremely validating and gives me the opportunity to build even deeper connections with your family.
5. I love when you put 100% trust in me and are willing to be a bit adventurous or do silly things during your session
When you trust me to deliver beautiful work every time and allow me to direct the flow of the session both you and I win! Instead of fighting against the flow and trying to wrangle your little ones, embrace the craziness of the session and allow me to capture your family just as you are.
6. I love when you take the time to download your images before you post them rather than screenshot them before sharing
This one should be a no-brainer, but to have the crispest quality of images, please avoid screen shooting them (especially if you plan on posting them online).
7. I love when you are honest about your insecurities with photos and give me insight on things you like or don’t like
When I know that you aren’t a fan of pictures of your profile, or that your left ear sticks out more than the right, you are giving me the direction I need in order to know what will make you LOVE your images. Nothing is worse than getting your gallery back and wishing you would have spoken up about how you don’t love your nose from the side. Just speak up!
8. I love when you reach out and book sessions in advance or look ahead to upcoming milestones
YES! I love when people think ahead to get on my books. My LEAST favorite thing is having to turn clients away (especially returning clients) because my calendar has no more room!
9. I love when you display your images in your home and send me photos of it
Sharing your images on social media is great, but watching you adorn the walls of your home with them is next level! I love when families cherish their images so much and view them as artwork! Please send me all the home photos where you have printed and displayed your photos!
10. I love when you refer me to your family and friends! Last but certainly not least, I love when you spread the word personally with your family and friends! The biggest impact in my business is word of mouth referrals. Just like how you brag on the sushi restaurant you went to, or how great the movie was you saw last weekend, tell your friends about your photographer!
Hello Jude Photography provides newborn photography in North Georgia for busy moms who want a stress-free and luxury portrait experience. Also offering maternity, family, and baby photography, our studio is located in the heart of Clarkesville, between Clayton and Gainesville. We serve families in Habersham, White, Stephens, Hall, Rabun, Banks, Jackson, Gwinnett, Forsyth, and Dekalb Counties, and all throughout the North Georgia region.
We offer a high-end, full service experience including a pre-session consultation, exclusive access to the carefully curated Studio Wardrobe and cozy bright and airy studio space, a beautiful gallery of story-telling images, and an array of family heirlooms such as albums, prints, custom framing and more to pass down to your children. If you are searching for the perfect maternity, birth, newborn or family portrait photographer near Clarkesville and are wanting to create heirlooms for your family, we can’t wait to serve you.